SARASOTA, FLA. — Twenty bands have entered the 2016 Rock for a Cause, and online voting is NOW OPEN!
Through Oct. 7, the public can view and vote for their favorite bands. The top six acts that get the most online votes will compete live during the Rock for a Cause battle of the bands on Nov. 12, 2-9 p.m. on Main Street in Downtown Sarasota.
“We’re so excited to see this event grow year over year with even more band submissions,” says Shauna Malgieri, chair of the Rock for a Cause executive committee. “We’ve got such a vast range of ages and genres — everything from indie folk singers and hip hop artists to operatic solo acts and in-your-face rockers. The public has the tough job of whittling down this impressive group talented musicians.”
To learn more about the bands and cast a vote, go to SRQRocks.org/vote. We’ve included band bios, photos and two songs from each act. Only one vote per viable email address will be permitted.
More Ways to Get Involved with Rock for a Cause 2016
There’s something for everyone who wants to participate in this year’s Rock for a Cause. Here are a few ideas:
- Vote for your favorite band by Oct. 7.
- Become a sponsor or vendor to help us put on a great event.
- Attend Matt Walden Presents: The Hometown Show on Oct. 1 in Bradenton — proceeds benefit Rock for a Cause.
- Stop by Jersey Mike’s at 2031 Bahia Vista St., Sarasota, Nov. 7-11, and mention Rock for a Cause. 10% of proceeds will go toward the event.
- Come down and rock out with us on Nov. 12, 2-9 p.m. on Main Street in Downtown Sarasota. There will be lots of live music, food, vendors, kids activities and more!
Have questions above the event? Call us at 941.256.7983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!